-   -   if then statement (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8139-if-then-statement.html)

MMM

if then statement

I am trying to write a "logical" function for the following: If there is a
"C" in A2, then there should be data in either b2 OR c2. Any help is
appreciated.

JulieD

Hi

how about
=IF(A2="C",IF(OR(B2<"",C2""),True,false),false)

Cheers
JulieD

"MMM" wrote in message
I am trying to write a "logical" function for the following: If there is a
"C" in A2, then there should be data in either b2 OR c2. Any help is
appreciated.

MMM

Thank you very much JulieD, this was a lot quicker then me trying to figure
it out!~MMM

"MMM" wrote in message
I am trying to write a "logical" function for the following: If there is a
"C" in A2, then there should be data in either b2 OR c2. Any help is
appreciated.

JulieD

Hi

that's the great thing about these ngs :)

glad it worked

Cheers
JulieD