-   -   Subtracting From 2 Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/81210-subtracting-2-cells.html)

scw1217

Subtracting From 2 Cells

I need to have a running difference between amounts from 2 different
cells. For instance, in cell A1 I have 10,000 and in A2 I have 5,000.
However, in cells B1, B2, etc. I have varying amounts. I need a cell,
such as A3 to keep a running subtraction from A1 until it reaches zero
(0) and then to switch over to A2 and subtract from the 5,000. Can
this be done?

--
scw1217
scw1217's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2814

Duke Carey

Subtracting From 2 Cells

Let's say you're subtracting the values in cells B1:B100. Use this formula
in A3

=A1-sum(B1:b100)+A2*(sum(B1:b100)A1)

"scw1217" wrote:

I need to have a running difference between amounts from 2 different
cells. For instance, in cell A1 I have 10,000 and in A2 I have 5,000.
However, in cells B1, B2, etc. I have varying amounts. I need a cell,
such as A3 to keep a running subtraction from A1 until it reaches zero
(0) and then to switch over to A2 and subtract from the 5,000. Can
this be done?

--
scw1217
scw1217's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2814