-   -   Help creating a formula, pulling from a set of static numbers. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8114-help-creating-formula-pulling-set-static-numbers.html)

James

Help creating a formula, pulling from a set of static numbers.

I have my worksheet set up to average a set of 8 numbers. I need a forumal
that will give a specific result based on that average. I have a static list
of numbers so I know what needs to go in for each average... I just don't
know how to make a formula that will let the worksheet do this for me.

For example I have an average number of 16. I need a forumla that will tell
me that if the average is between 16 and 20 I need 5 in the next column. My
averages will go from 1 to 100 and the number I need for these goes from 2 to
24.... HELP!

Aladin Akyurek

=LOOKUP(AvgValue,Table)

where Table refers to a range that associates 1 to 100 to 2 to 24 in an
ascending order.