-   -   status bar shows "filter mode" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8094-status-bar-shows-%22filter-mode%22.html)

carrie

status bar shows "filter mode"

I'm using excel in office 2003 and find that when I use filter I get "filter
mode" instead of number of records. I do not have any formulas in the list
I'm filtering, it's just a simple list

Frank Kabel

Hi
see:
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

carrie wrote:
I'm using excel in office 2003 and find that when I use filter I get
"filter mode" instead of number of records. I do not have any
formulas in the list I'm filtering, it's just a simple list

tjtjjtjt

This might explain/help:
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

tj

"carrie" wrote:

I'm using excel in office 2003 and find that when I use filter I get "filter
mode" instead of number of records. I do not have any formulas in the list
I'm filtering, it's just a simple list

Debra Dalgleish

The Status Bar may show 'Filter Mode' if a cell in the list is
changed, after a filter has been applied. You can use the Subtotal
function to count the visible rows.

The following MSKB article has information:

XL2000: Excel AutoFilter Status Bar Message Shows "Filter Mode"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213886

And there are a couple of workarounds he

carrie wrote:
I'm using excel in office 2003 and find that when I use filter I get "filter
mode" instead of number of records. I do not have any formulas in the list
I'm filtering, it's just a simple list

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List