-   -   vlookup with multiple lines of same value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8060-vlookup-multiple-lines-same-value.html)

lostinexcel

vlookup with multiple lines of same value

I would like to do a vlookup on a cell range that has multiple lines with the
same lookup value. I need to get a total value returned for the lookup value.
Example:

ITEM QTY

AABBCC 5
JKJH 3
YTRE 2
YTRE 3
YTRE 1
MHJN 2
MHJN 2

I would like to be able to do a vlookup from one worksheet with the value
YTRE and get the value of 6.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Something like
=SUMIF(Sheet1!A2:A100,"YTRE",Sheet1!B2:B100)

--
Arvi Laanemets
(When sending e-mail, use address arvil<Attarkon.ee)