-   -   Linking 2 Excel Sheets, Anticipating Lines. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8059-linking-2-excel-sheets-anticipating-lines.html)

Matthew

Linking 2 Excel Sheets, Anticipating Lines.

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with 2 Excel sheets that link certain fields. The
linking of fields is easily done but these sheets are updated on a regular
basis. I want to link 2 total amount from each sheet, but obviously i add
lines in a lot and would like the formula to update automatically to the new
line number. How would i go about this?

I'm currently using "=+'\\Server\jaguarshare$\GP Reports 2003-2004\[Jag Live
Monthly Reports 2004.xls]Live Confirmed'!$I$251" 251 is the number of the
line i would like to auto update.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Matt

Matthew

I'm sorry i forgot to mention the version i'm using.

Office XP with SP3

Thanks Again