-   -   How do I sum text cells with number cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/80411-how-do-i-sum-text-cells-number-cells.html)

meliswi3

How do I sum text cells with number cells?

I am trying to sum a range of cells with money with a range of cell's with a
name. For example, I want to find all the cell's with the name Lange's in it
and have it sum the total's for what I spent at Lange's. I've tried SUMIF
but it didn't seem to work...Please help

Ron Coderre

How do I sum text cells with number cells?

It would seem that the SUMIF function would do the job, but unless you post
your formula, we won't know what issues you're facing.

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro