-   -   How do I get the nth root of a number? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8031-how-do-i-get-nth-root-number.html)

Keithg

How do I get the nth root of a number?

Using Office XP. I need to get the 9th root of a number. If I go the route of:-
(log())/9 how do I get the antilog of the result?

Art

A few ways. Using the Log, you'd just raise 10 to that power. That is the
9th root of x is 10^(log(x)/9)

However, what may be easier is just doing it directly with x^(1/9).
Also if x can be negative you'll have an easier time with x^(1/9), although
you'll have trouble with even roots.

Art

"Keithg" wrote:

Using Office XP. I need to get the 9th root of a number. If I go the route of:-
(log())/9 how do I get the antilog of the result?

Peo Sjoblom

One way

=A1^(1/n)

Regards,