-   -   Cell Lock (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8019-cell-lock.html)

Josh

Cell Lock

How can I prevent users from entering data into certain cells?

JulieD

Hi Josh

you need to protect them - this is a two step process
first select the cells that you want the users to be able to access and
choose from the menu format / cells - go to the protection tab and unticked
locked
now choose tools / protection / protect sheet

the users will only be able to change data in the unlocked cells.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"Josh" wrote in message
How can I prevent users from entering data into certain cells?

Steve Jones

Hi Josh

Try Format, Cells, Protection, Locked

You will then have to Protect Worksheet, Tools, Protection......

Hope thats OK.

Regards

Steve

"Josh" wrote in message
How can I prevent users from entering data into certain cells?

Chip Pearson

All cells are locked by default, so you first need to clear the
Locked setting for all those cells that you want the user to be
able to access.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson