-   -   duplicating formulas without updating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/8018-duplicating-formulas-without-updating.html)

Wazooli

duplicating formulas without updating

How can I select a row of cells that contain formulas, duplicate them, and
paste them elsewhere without them updating, a la moving them with the mouse,
but with duplication.

Peo Sjoblom

Use absolute reference, i.e. if a formula looks like

=H5*H6

use

=$H$5*$H$6

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Wazooli" wrote:

How can I select a row of cells that contain formulas, duplicate them, and
paste them elsewhere without them updating, a la moving them with the mouse,
but with duplication.

Wazooli

I should have been specific. I want to do this without using absolute