-   -   making an employee schedule in two sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7999-making-employee-schedule-two-sheets.html)

dankeith

making an employee schedule in two sheets

I am making an employee schedule. One sheet is their names with their station
assignment, the other sheet is the station assignments with their names. How
do I type say Amanda and her stations and have her name go to the station on
the next sheet?

R.VENKATARAMAN

suppose your data is from A1 ti B5 in sheet1 as follows
amanda a
amanda s
amanda d
linda f
linda g

in sheet 2 type A1 to A5 is as follows

in this sheet (sheet2 ) type in B1
=OFFSET(Sheet1!B1,0,-1,1,1)
your will get amanda

drag B1 down you will get
a amanda
s amanda
d amanda
f linda
g linda

perhaps better soluton may be suggested.