-   -   opening Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7978-opening-excel.html)

Phil

opening Excel

Everytime i open one of my spreadsheets another, blank one, called "Book 1"
opens as well. Whilst not a big problem its annoying.
Anyone know what the cause and solution to stopping it is ?

Thanks

Gord Dibben

Phil

Do you have a Book1.xls in your XLSTART folder or in ToolsOptionsGeneral
"alternate startup file location"?

If so, move out of there.

If no book1.xls in XLSTART folder..........

Append a /e to your shortcut command line.

"C:\Program Files\MS Office\Office\excel.exe" /e

Note the double quotes and the space between " and /e

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:39:30 GMT, "Phil" wrote:

Everytime i open one of my spreadsheets another, blank one, called "Book 1"
opens as well. Whilst not a big problem its annoying.
Anyone know what the cause and solution to stopping it is ?

Thanks

Phil

No sign of "Book1.XLS anywhere. Finally solved it by removing all my
Add-ins. Will replace 1 by 1 to find the cause.
Thanks anyway