-   -   Formula to determine a future date based on criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7965-formula-determine-future-date-based-criteria.html)

David

Formula to determine a future date based on criteria

How can I set up a formula to determine the €śfuture date€ť base on criteria
after a preliminary €śdate€ť is entered?

Criteria: if an individual joins the team on the 1st of the month then the
person is eligible date for bonus is 60 days after. However, if an
individual joins the team after the 1st of the month then the person eligible
date for bonus will be after 60 days later and the following month.

Examples:
Date entered 03/01/2005, and then eligible date is 05/01/2005
Date entered 03/03/2005, and then eligible date is now 06/01/2005

--
Thanks,
David

Peo Sjoblom

One way

=IF(DAY(A1)=1,DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+2,1),DATE(YE AR(A1),MONTH(A1)+3,1))

It's a bit unfair though, people who start on the 31st will have their bonus
after
approx 62 days while people who start ojn the 2nd will get it after about 90
days

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"David" wrote:

How can I set up a formula to determine the €śfuture date€ť base on criteria
after a preliminary €śdate€ť is entered?

Criteria: if an individual joins the team on the 1st of the month then the
person is eligible date for bonus is 60 days after. However, if an
individual joins the team after the 1st of the month then the person eligible
date for bonus will be after 60 days later and the following month.

Examples:
Date entered 03/01/2005, and then eligible date is 05/01/2005
Date entered 03/03/2005, and then eligible date is now 06/01/2005

--
Thanks,
David

David

Thank You! You are correct on the # of days for those start earlier than
others but we had to draw a line but yet flexible to alter the start dates as
well.

"David" wrote:

How can I set up a formula to determine the €śfuture date€ť base on criteria
after a preliminary €śdate€ť is entered?

Criteria: if an individual joins the team on the 1st of the month then the
person is eligible date for bonus is 60 days after. However, if an
individual joins the team after the 1st of the month then the person eligible
date for bonus will be after 60 days later and the following month.

Examples:
Date entered 03/01/2005, and then eligible date is 05/01/2005
Date entered 03/03/2005, and then eligible date is now 06/01/2005

--