-   -   Inserting row but with formula carried down (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7951-inserting-row-but-formula-carried-down.html)

Steve R

Inserting row but with formula carried down

When i need to insert a row in my data, i need a formula to be present in the
inserted row.
Example: i have a formula in cell c13 that states =sum(a13:b13). if i
insert a row that becomes row 14, then i would like the new row to
automatically contain the formula in c14 to be sum(a14:b14). I have a
spreadsheet with about 25 rows that on any given day can go to 35 or 40 rows
and it takes time to copy down the formulas down manually

Is this possible ?

Thanks Steve

Frank Kabel

Hi