-   -   Name Box cell reference (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7915-name-box-cell-reference.html)

HoJo

Name Box cell reference

Want to use the Name Box cell reference (current cell) in a formula. I want
to have a "dynamic cell" that contains data pertinent to the current cell
loacation.
How do i access the Subject data?

Frank Kabel

Hi
not really sure what you're trying to achive. Could you give an example?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

HoJo wrote:
Want to use the Name Box cell reference (current cell) in a formula.
I want to have a "dynamic cell" that contains data pertinent to the
current cell loacation.
How do i access the Subject data?

Peo Sjoblom

=Cell("address")

however to be able to use that in a formula you would ned to wrap it in
INDIRECT and as soon as you do that you will get a Circular reference error
message.

regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"HoJo" wrote:

Want to use the Name Box cell reference (current cell) in a formula. I want
to have a "dynamic cell" that contains data pertinent to the current cell
loacation.
How do i access the Subject data?

Harlan Grove

"HoJo" wrote...
Want to use the Name Box cell reference (current cell) in a formula. I
want to have a "dynamic cell" that contains data pertinent to the
current cell loacation. How do i access the Subject data?

CELL("Contents")

returns the value of the active cell. If the active cell contains a formula
that contains this function call, then you'll ger a circular reference
error.