-   -   Count number of dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/79077-count-number-dates.html)

pau1a

Count number of dates

Hi,

I want to put a formula on a spreadsheet to calculate the number of 6 Aprils
between two dates.

For example
A1=1/1/1990
A2=1/1/1993
There would be three 6 Aprils.

I would imagine that I could do this using a combination of Ifs and DateDiffs
but it seems that there must be an easier way!

Any ideas?!

Biff

Count number of dates

Hi!

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&A2)),"mmmd")="Apr6"))

Biff

"pau1a" <u19999@uwe wrote in message news:5da753eb2f65e@uwe...
Hi,

I want to put a formula on a spreadsheet to calculate the number of 6
Aprils
between two dates.

For example
A1=1/1/1990
A2=1/1/1993
There would be three 6 Aprils.

I would imagine that I could do this using a combination of Ifs and
DateDiffs
but it seems that there must be an easier way!

Any ideas?!

pau1a

Count number of dates

Thanks that works!