-   -   How do I reference and sort a range of numbers in Excel 97? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7898-how-do-i-reference-sort-range-numbers-excel-97-a.html)

Old Northern

How do I reference and sort a range of numbers in Excel 97?

Using Excel 97, how can I reference a range of numbers, sort them in
ascending or descending order, and place them in a new range?

Don Guillett

Homework?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Old Northern" <Old
wrote in message
Using Excel 97, how can I reference a range of numbers, sort them in
ascending or descending order, and place them in a new range?

Frank Kabel

Hi
if you only have numeric values try the following for example in B1
=SMALL($A$1:$A$100,ROW())
and copy this down

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Old Northern wrote:
Using Excel 97, how can I reference a range of numbers, sort them in
ascending or descending order, and place them in a new range?

Old Northern

Thanks for the replies.

Don: Nope, I'm working on a complex datasheet. I'm trying to solve the
problem without too many nested formulas.

Frank: Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try this.

"old northern"