-   -   Use criteria for values in range for small function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/78692-use-criteria-values-range-small-function.html)

like2hike

Use criteria for values in range for small function

I have a range (a1:a5) with values such as:

0, 5, 25, 0, 3

I want to pick the smallest value other than zero because I will use that
number to divide by and do not want the #DIV/0! error. However, the initial
state of the spreadsheet will have a range of:

0,0,0,0,0,0

How can I have the spreadsheet display some text until data is entered into
the spreadsheet?

Duke Carey

Use criteria for values in range for small function

For the min value that is not zero, use the array formula

=MIN(IF(A1:A50,A1:A5))

To enter an array formula, commit it with Shift-Ctrl-Enter