-   -   How do I tie the computer clock with formula execution? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/78614-how-do-i-tie-computer-clock-formula-execution.html)

lectrous

How do I tie the computer clock with formula execution?

I am trying to have excel execute an "IF" formula based on the computer
clock. For example, if there is no entry in a cell on a given day the a
certain result should be displayed (such as $0.00 or "No Run"). I cant seem
to find help on this function. Thanks.

Peo Sjoblom

How do I tie the computer clock with formula execution?

The problem is that using the computer clock is volatile, the NOW function
will always update unless you use a macro or under some circumstances
circular references

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"lectrous" wrote in message
I am trying to have excel execute an "IF" formula based on the computer
clock. For example, if there is no entry in a cell on a given day the a
certain result should be displayed (such as $0.00 or "No Run"). I cant
seem
to find help on this function. Thanks.

CLR

How do I tie the computer clock with formula execution?

Maybe something like this will help.....
Where E1 contains =NOW()

=IF(AND(A1="",E138797.34301),"No Run","")

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3