-   -   Excel as relational database - data rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/78474-excel-relational-database-data-rows.html)

AndyLucia

Excel as relational database - data rows

I'm trying to use Excel 2003 as a relational database (don't know if it's a
good idea, but I have to try).

The first sheet 1 contains my basic database content.
On sheet 2 there's data, which contains direct reference to sheet 1.

The way I would want it to work, is that when I update sheet 1 by adding a
row of data in the middle of a table, sheet

2 would follow its lead and keep the row order as in sheet 1 (that is, add
an empty row to relative position). So, in fact, I would like the 'data rows'
in each sheet to match without manual linking and adding rows.

I wonder, if there is a way to make this work?

kassie

Excel as relational database - data rows

Not clear what you are trying to achieve here? If the data on Sheet 2 is
related to that on sheet 1, shouldn't it be on Sheet 1?