-   -   How do I unlock highlighting when I move the curser (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/78221-how-do-i-unlock-highlighting-when-i-move-curser.html)

Norm

How do I unlock highlighting when I move the curser

Somehow, the highlight feature has become locked and whenever I move the
curser about the spreadsheet, all I achieve is to highlight the cells. I
cannot enter any date.

Hor do I correct this problem and how do I prevent it from reoccuring?

Dave Peterson

How do I unlock highlighting when I move the curser

Try hitting the F8 key.

F8 toggles the Extend selection mode.

Look at the botton right corner of the statusbar. If you see EXT in one of
those embossed boxes, then that could be the problem.

If that's not it, maybe one of the shift keys is stuck???

--

Dave Peterson

Norm

How do I unlock highlighting when I move the curser

Dave,

Thanks for the help - F8 fixed the problem and I am back in business.

Norm