-   -   identify data in a cell that has a number as the second character (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7821-identify-data-cell-has-number-second-character.html)

Brian

identify data in a cell that has a number as the second character

Hello,

In a particular range of cells I have a drop down list that allows me to
pick from the following: 1b14, 1a14, 2a15, 2a15, 3a14,3b15, P1, P2, P3, P4

I have the forlmula that states if data starts with a number then return a
certain cell.

how would I write, If in range b1:c:4, the data's second character is a
number then return A1?
Thank You,
Brian

JE McGimpsey

One way, array-entered (CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN):

=IF(OR(ISNUMBER(-MID(B1:C4,2,1))),A1,"")