-   -   Name a worksheet tab from cell in worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/78144-name-worksheet-tab-cell-worksheet.html)

Ken King

Name a worksheet tab from cell in worksheet

I see it is possilbe to reference a worksheet tab name in a cell. Is it
possible to name a worksheet tab from a cell in that worksheet? So if you
change the cell name it will also change the worksheet tab name.

David McRitchie

Name a worksheet tab from cell in worksheet

Hi Ken,
See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm

Part 1:
=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255)

Part 2:
I presume you meant "if I change the content of a cell like cell A!"
It is not very practical going the other way as you could end up with an attempt
to name two sheets with the same name. You would have to use macro code
might be the line of code within a macro.
activesheet.name = activesheet.range("A1")
---
HTH,