LShutzberg

Default Using result from ADDRESS function as a cell reference itself

How can I use the result from a ADDRESS function as a cell reference itself?
Bob Phillips

Something like =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1,2)) ?

--

HTH

RP

"LShutzberg" wrote in message
How can I use the result from a ADDRESS function as a cell reference

itself?

Harlan Grove

"Bob Phillips" wrote...
Something like =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1,2)) ?

If so, either

=OFFSET($A$1,1-1,2-1) [or just =OFFSET($A$1,0,1)]

or

=INDIRECT("R"&1&"C"&2,0)

would be better because they use only one function call. INDIRECT(ADDRESS())
is never necessary. INDIRECT with derived R1C1 references could always be
used instead.

Bob Phillips

I agree, just tried to answer his question.

--

HTH

RP

"Bob Phillips" wrote...