-   -   array formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/77938-array-formulas.html)

Dave

array formulas

I'm a liitle confused about the difference between "regular" formulas and
array formulas. For example, I'm using "SUMPRODUCT" with 2 criteria to sum
values.

I am getting the correct sum, even though I don't have the array brackets in
my formula. Any help would be useful!

Max

array formulas

I am getting the correct sum, even though
I don't have the array brackets in my formula.

SUMPRODUCT doesn't need to be array-entered, that's why <g. And that's one
of its strengths !

(Think there could be exceptions though, for eg: where TRANSPOSE is used
within the SUMPRODUCT)
--
Max
Singapore
"Dave" wrote in message
I'm a liitle confused about the difference between "regular" formulas and
array formulas. For example, I'm using "SUMPRODUCT" with 2 criteria to

sum
values.

I am getting the correct sum, even though I don't have the array brackets

in
my formula. Any help would be useful!

Chip Pearson

array formulas

Dave,

SUMPRODUCT works with array already, and doesn't need to be
array-entered. The array handling ability is built-in to
SUMPRODUCT natively.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson