-   -   Visual Basic Code Remains in "memory" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7780-visual-basic-code-remains-%22memory%22.html)

Paul Moles

Visual Basic Code Remains in "memory"

I have a workbook with several Macros, if the workbook is closed but Excel
left open, (using close window "x" or File Close)The Macro code remains in
the visual basic editor and can even become duplicated/triplicated if the
workbook is susequently reopened in the same Excel session.

The workbook includes Auto_Open and Workbook_BeforeClose macros but neither
have contents that would suggest or require this activity.

Is this normal behaviour? if so what is its purpose and is it possible to
change it so the Visual Basic code closes when the Workbook is closed.

Thanks

Ron de Bruin

See your other thread

--