-   -   Checking Two Fields (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/77797-checking-two-fields.html)

Nick

Checking Two Fields

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet which lists users and has some info about the user.

Example of the field names:
name state gradelevel

I need something that will basically say "if state=NJ and gradelevel=12" add
1 to NJGRADE12TOTAL field. So I will know after all the students are
entered, how many grade 12 NJ students we have.

I hope that's clear...thanks in advance for your help/suggestions!

SteveG

Checking Two Fields

Assuming your State is in A2:A7 and Grade Level in B2:B7 for your total
count enter:

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A7="NJ")*(B2:B7=12))

HTH

Steve