-   -   the function =cell() (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/77765-function-%3Dcell.html)

the function =cell()

Is there a way of "picking up" more than a number or a text with the function
=CELL("contents",c1)
Lets say I want to pick up a name in column A, the header of column B and a
value in column B.

Thanks,
sara

Ian

the function =cell()

Do you mean to gather the info from 3 locations into 1 cell?

=A2&" "&B1&" "&B3

This will put the values (text or numbers) in A2,B1 & B3 into one cell as a
string separated by spaces.

Is this what you meant?
--
Ian
--
"s" wrote in message
Is there a way of "picking up" more than a number or a text with the
function
=CELL("contents",c1)
Lets say I want to pick up a name in column A, the header of column B and
value in column B.

Thanks,
sara

the function =cell()

yes that is exactly what i mean, thanks a lot.
i will try this!

Sara