-   -   How do I copy from old drive to new? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7769-how-do-i-copy-old-drive-new.html)

Curiouser

How do I copy from old drive to new?

I bought a new computer and had the old drive installed in it for the records
it contains. Now I need to know how to transfer the info from the old drive
to the new one. I can't edit the workbook now and I need to!

Bernie Deitrick

Curioser,

If you have a new computer, you may need to reinstall Excel. I fyou had
Excel on your old computer, you can do a re-install on your new computer
without too many problems.

If you already have Excel, you can simply navigate to your old folder/file
on the old disk (which might have a different letter) and open the file.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Curiouser" wrote in message
I bought a new computer and had the old drive installed in it for the

records
it contains. Now I need to know how to transfer the info from the old

drive
to the new one. I can't edit the workbook now and I need to!

Tushar Mehta

If the physical drive was installed as just another drive (I cannot
think of any other possibility) and if your computer is configured
appropriately, the following should work:

From the desktop, double-click My Computer. You should now see a bunch
of drives C: and some other D:, E:, etc. C: should be your new start
up disk. Check the other letters D, E, F, etc. One of them will be the
old disk. Double-click it and you should see the contents of the old
disk starting with the root directory.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions