-   -   how do I reference tab labels from a worksheet in a cell in the wb (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/77651-how-do-i-reference-tab-labels-worksheet-cell-wb.html)

keri

how do I reference tab labels from a worksheet in a cell in the wb

Trying to reference just the name of another worksheet (tab) within the same
workbook and do not want to do it in the header/footer - trying to reference
it in a cell.

Max

"keri" wrote:
Trying to reference just the name of another worksheet (tab)
within the same workbook and do not want to do it
in the header/footer - trying to reference it in a cell.

Do you mean something like this ?

In Sheet1,

In A1: =Sheet2!A1

A1 will return the contents of A1 in Sheet2,
or return zero if Sheet2's A1 is empty

We could also use in A1:
=IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1)
for a cleaner look if Sheet2's A1 is empty
(instead of zeros returned)
--
Max
Singapore