-   -   DAYS360 function for 365 day year (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/77515-days360-function-365-day-year.html)

Mark at Cascade

DAYS360 function for 365 day year

I need a function that will calculate the number of days between two dates.
The DAYS360() function does that, but assumes a 360 day year of 12 equal 30
day months. I need the function to assume a 365 day year using the actual
days in each month.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Big Rick

DAYS360 function for 365 day year

Put date 1 in cell A1.
Put date 2 in cell A2
in A3 type =A2-A1
--
Big Rick

"Mark at Cascade" wrote:

I need a function that will calculate the number of days between two dates.
The DAYS360() function does that, but assumes a 360 day year of 12 equal 30
day months. I need the function to assume a 365 day year using the actual
days in each month.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Niek Otten

DAYS360 function for 365 day year

And then format as General or Number, not as date, which Excel does automatically.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Big Rick" wrote in message ...
Put date 1 in cell A1.
Put date 2 in cell A2
in A3 type =A2-A1
--
Big Rick

"Mark at Cascade" wrote:

I need a function that will calculate the number of days between two dates.
The DAYS360() function does that, but assumes a 360 day year of 12 equal 30
day months. I need the function to assume a 365 day year using the actual
days in each month.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Mark at Cascade

DAYS360 function for 365 day year

Thanks. I feel a little embarrased. It's almost too obvious and too easy.

Anyway, it worked. I appreciate the help.

"Big Rick" wrote:

Put date 1 in cell A1.
Put date 2 in cell A2
in A3 type =A2-A1