-   -   Function to calculate the nuber of weeks between dates? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/77055-function-calculate-nuber-weeks-between-dates.html)

Fish

Function to calculate the nuber of weeks between dates?

What would the function (if any) be to calculate the number of weeks between
two dates.

Someone helped me with a function that calculates the number of days as:

=DATEDIF(B2,X2,"d")

I tried simply changing the "d" to "w" in hopes the d was short for days and
W would be short for weeks, but it didn't work.

I'm new to Excel and using Excel 2002. Is there a function that can
calculate the number of weeks between two dates?

Thanks.

Trevor Shuttleworth

Function to calculate the nuber of weeks between dates?

Maybe:

=DATEDIF(B2,X2,"d")/7 ??

There doesn't appear to be a "w" option

Have a look at Chip Pearson's page on the subject:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

Regards

Trevor

"Fish" wrote in message
. net...
What would the function (if any) be to calculate the number of weeks
between two dates.

Someone helped me with a function that calculates the number of days as:

=DATEDIF(B2,X2,"d")

I tried simply changing the "d" to "w" in hopes the d was short for days
and W would be short for weeks, but it didn't work.

I'm new to Excel and using Excel 2002. Is there a function that can
calculate the number of weeks between two dates?

Thanks.

William

Function to calculate the nuber of weeks between dates?

Hi Fish

Can you not use your existing formula to calculate the number of days and
then divide the result by 7?

--

Regards

William

XL2003

"Fish" wrote in message
. net...
What would the function (if any) be to calculate the number of weeks
between two dates.

Someone helped me with a function that calculates the number of days as:

=DATEDIF(B2,X2,"d")

I tried simply changing the "d" to "w" in hopes the d was short for days
and W would be short for weeks, but it didn't work.

I'm new to Excel and using Excel 2002. Is there a function that can
calculate the number of weeks between two dates?

Thanks.

daddylonglegs

Function to calculate the nuber of weeks between dates?

You don't really need DATEDIF for calculating the number of days between
2 dates

=X2-B2

would suffice

so for weeks

=(X2-B2)/7

or if you want weeks and days in text...

=INT((B1-A1)/7)&" weeks "&MOD(B1-A1,7)&" days"

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

daddylonglegs