-   -   Stripping mixed number and text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7702-stripping-mixed-number-text.html)

Kevin

Stripping mixed number and text

I have a field with mixed numbers and text (i.e. 232.4Ft). I want to strip of
the unit of measure (i.e. Ft) and have one field with the number and another
with the unit of measure. Can this be done? I am fairly confident I could do
it in VB, but I am not sure how at this point. Is there a worksheet function?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Frank Kabel

Hi
if your values have always this format you could use the following
formulas:
=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-2)
and
=RIGHT(A1,2)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Kevin" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a field with mixed numbers and text (i.e. 232.4Ft). I want to

strip of
the unit of measure (i.e. Ft) and have one field with the number and

another
with the unit of measure. Can this be done? I am fairly confident I

could do
it in VB, but I am not sure how at this point. Is there a worksheet

function?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Kevin