-   -   How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/76933-how-can-i-draw-parabola-excel-like-y-%3D-x%5E2-3-a.html)

Max

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3

Ron Coderre

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3

Try this:

A2: -40
Select A2:A100

Edit|Fill|Series
Step Value 1...complete the series

B1: PlotData
B2: =A2^2+3
Copy/Paste that formula down through B100

Select B1:B100
Insert|Chart
Choose a line chart and follow the steps.

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21419

Ron Coderre

[...]

Beege

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3

Column A

A1 - Make it X
A2 - place a negative number, like -10 or-100
A3 - next number in sequence, like -9 or -99
select the two numbers, and drag down until your at 10 or 100

B - Make it Y
B2 put in formula, =A^2+3
Drag down to bottom of range

Graph with lines, or smooth lines. OK?

Beege

"Max" wrote in message

Max

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3

No

I want to enter the formula and then excel must draw me a accurate parabola.
I don't to enter each point by itself.

Is it possible to do it like that?

Ron Coderre

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3

Sorry about the multiple posts...the ExcelTip forum had issues.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

A2: -40
Select A2:A100

Edit|Fill|Series
Step Value 1...complete the series

B1: PlotData
B2: =A2^2+3
Copy/Paste that formula down through B100

Select B1:B100
Insert|Chart
Choose a line chart and follow the steps.

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21419
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=521775

Richard Buttrey

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:11:29 -0800, Max
wrote:

No

I want to enter the formula and then excel must draw me a accurate parabola.
I don't to enter each point by itself.

Is it possible to do it like that?

One way or another you are going to have to create a range of x values
for the formula to evaluate and chart.

Probably the nearest you can get is to specify the formula and the
upper and lower bounds of an x range, then have a macro go off and
generate the data and chart it.

Rgds

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK

Mike Middleton

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3

Max -

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/so...ger/index.html

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com