-   -   Duplicate (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7640-duplicate.html)

Bottle

Duplicate

I have a coloum of number and i want to find out if there
are any duplicated in the cells. I cannont sort them.

i.e i would like to highlight the whole coloum and have a
cell that will come up with a message to say if there is
any duplicates.

i am adding to this cell periodcally so i will be able to
identify the duplication.

Thanks

Ron de Bruin

Hi Bottle

See Chip Pearson's site
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

My Add-in have a duplicate option also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Bottle" wrote in message ...
I have a coloum of number and i want to find out if there
are any duplicated in the cells. I cannont sort them.

i.e i would like to highlight the whole coloum and have a
cell that will come up with a message to say if there is
any duplicates.

i am adding to this cell periodcally so i will be able to
identify the duplication.

Thanks

JE McGimpsey

Take a look at

http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

In article ,
"Bottle" wrote:

I have a coloum of number and i want to find out if there
are any duplicated in the cells. I cannont sort them.

i.e i would like to highlight the whole coloum and have a
cell that will come up with a message to say if there is
any duplicates.

i am adding to this cell periodcally so i will be able to
identify the duplication.

Thanks

finnadat

Thanks for the add-in - it is going to make life a bunch easier!