-   -   sorting merged cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/76372-sorting-merged-cells.html)

Jonah

sorting merged cells

Sort the highlighted rows on a particular column.

------------

Di wrote:

I'm trying to do a worksheet for a passenger list of an upcoming
cruise.
Some of the passengers traveling together have different last names and
addresses. I'm trying to figure out how I can keep those cells
together when I need to sort alpabetically or by cabin category. I've
tried merging, but of course then I can't sort. Any suggestions?

Di

sorting merged cells

I'm trying to do a worksheet for a passenger list of an upcoming
cruise.
Some of the passengers traveling together have different last names and
addresses. I'm trying to figure out how I can keep those cells
together when I need to sort alpabetically or by cabin category. I've
tried merging, but of course then I can't sort. Any suggestions?

Di

sorting merged cells

Thanks for your response

Di