-   -   How do I create formula to count numbers in a range of cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7614-how-do-i-create-formula-count-numbers-range-cells.html)

EmilyJ

How do I create formula to count numbers in a range of cells?

Working with a very large Excel database and must count each unit. Have
tried using =COUNT(cell range) but it does not work. I have 0 as an answer.
What am I doing wrong? All units are in one cell but they are different
(some up to 1000). I use Excel 2002.

Peo Sjoblom

They are probably text, try

=COUNTA(cell range)