-   -   How to use an IF function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/76124-how-use-if-function.html)

WRS924

How to use an IF function

I am trying to create a spreadsheet for a church dinner where the cost per
person is $5.00, but the maximum amount paid by a family is $15.00. In the
spreadsheet, I want to multiply the number of persons in the family times
$5.00, but if the total is more than $15.00, I want the total column to show
only $15.00. Does this make sense? Can someone help me with this formula?
I can get the IF function to work, but don't know how to combine the two.
Thanks!

davesexcel

How to use an IF function

=IF(A12,15,A1*5)