-   -   Updating Time when a field has been modified (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/76069-updating-time-when-field-has-been-modified.html)

Joshua Vista Star

Updating Time when a field has been modified

-- This one is a toughy!!!!!!!

Goal:
I have two colums and multiple rows. I would like to updated the first row
with
the time that the second row was modified.

Problem:
When ever the second row is modifed every-time stamp in the first colum is
updated.

I need to update the time in each row independently - and keep it from being
modified or updated.

David McRitchie

Updating Time when a field has been modified

Hi Joshua,
To enter the time as a constant use Ctrl+Shift+colon
To enter the date as a constant use Ctrl+Shift+semicolon

To enter the date or time automatically when you update another column
on the row, you can use an event macro, see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#autotime
---
HTH,

"Joshua Vista Star" <Joshua Vista wrote in message
-- This one is a toughy!!!!!!!

Goal:
I have two colums and multiple rows. I would like to updated the first row
with
the time that the second row was modified.

Problem:
When ever the second row is modifed every-time stamp in the first colum is
updated.

I need to update the time in each row independently - and keep it from being
modified or updated.

Ardus Petus

Updating Time when a field has been modified

With Target
If .Column = 2 Then
.Offset(, -1).Value = Now
End If
End With
End Sub

HTH
--
AP

"Joshua Vista Star" <Joshua Vista a écrit
dans le message de