Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fish

Default Figuring daily average...function ???

Hello all,

I'm new to working with function other than the very basic ones (sum,
product, etc...). I'm using Excel 2002. Being new, I'll try and explain what
I'm trying to do clearly, but feel free to ask for any clarification if any
of this isn't clear.

My current spreadsheet:

I'm keeping results of an investment. It is changing often so I'm keeping
track of weekly results. I also want to be able figure what the daily
earnings were between two dates to get a good idea of the average daily
growth. I need help figuring this daily growth figure.

Right now I have the original starting date of this investment in B2
(10/10/05)
The original dollar figure I started the investment with is in B3

The new weekly total is already calculated in O34 and changes as the
investment changes

The new (current ) entry date (3/6/06) is in W2
I then enter each new weekly balance of the investment (found in O34) along
row 3 (current entry is in W3)

What function can I add into my spreadsheet that will calculate the average
daily growth between two dates. For example I want to calculate the average
daily growth between the starting date (B2) of this investment and the
current date (W2) and dollar amounts from those dates (B3 and W3). I assume
the function will need to figure the amount of days between the dates and
then divide that by the difference in dollar amount. How can this be done???

Thanks in advance for your time and any help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!