Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Space Elf

Default In an array, I need to find the row # that meets 2 criteria

One sheet contains data that includes dates, vendor, price, and other items
in each row. I need to find the row offset that will match a date with a
vendor. I have tried using match, but since some dates and vendor names are
the same, I can't seem to isolate a matched pair everytime. Also, there are a
few times when there are duplicates of both and I need to get the next
matched set in the array.

DATE VENDOR CHARGE
date 1 vendor 1 $$$
date 1 vendor 2 $$$
date 2 vendor 1 $$$
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Domenic

Assuming that A2:C3 contains your data, and that you'd like to return
the corresponding value in Column C, try...

=LOOKUP(2,1/((A2:A5=E2)*(B2:B5=F2)),C2:C5)

....where E2 contains the date of interest, and F2 contains the vendor of
interest.

Hope this helps!