-   -   excel 2003 page numbering (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7591-excel-2003-page-numbering.html)

art

excel 2003 page numbering

I just completed a speedsheet in excel 2003 and tryed to start the page
numbering at Page A-2 instead of Page A-1 and the result was Page A-11. When
I open the speadsheet in Excel 97 it looks fine so I know the code is correct
using the Page A-&[Page]+1. When I type in Page A-&[Page]+2 the page numbers
start at Page A-21. Anyone got some advice how to get this to work right in
excel 2003????

Frank Kabel

Hi
I would use the option in the dialog 'File - Pagesetup' to specify the
starting page number

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"art" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I just completed a speedsheet in excel 2003 and tryed to start the

page
numbering at Page A-2 instead of Page A-1 and the result was Page

A-11. When
I open the speadsheet in Excel 97 it looks fine so I know the code is

correct
using the Page A-&[Page]+1. When I type in Page A-&[Page]+2 the page

numbers
start at Page A-21. Anyone got some advice how to get this to work

right in
excel 2003????

Gord Dibben

Art

Add a <space after the 2 as in A-&[Page]+2<space

This "feature" started with Excel 2002 AFAIK.

Actually, the command above using +2 gives me A-3 as start page. Perhaps you
meant +1 to get A-2

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 13:33:22 -0800, art wrote:

I just completed a speedsheet in excel 2003 and tryed to start the page
numbering at Page A-2 instead of Page A-1 and the result was Page A-11. When
I open the speadsheet in Excel 97 it looks fine so I know the code is correct
using the Page A-&[Page]+1. When I type in Page A-&[Page]+2 the page numbers
start at Page A-21. Anyone got some advice how to get this to work right in
excel 2003????

art

Thank you both for a quick response, I thought I was going crazy