-   -   Locking certain cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7578-locking-certain-cells.html)

Marvin

Locking certain cells

I need assitance with locking certain key cells in a worksheet which contain
calculations. Pieces of the worksheet are copied from a shared drive,
updated, then emailed to me. I copy and paste these updates back into the
master worksheet overlaying what was there originally.
I want to be able to lock some cells from changing, even if the worksheet is
copied from the shared. Can anyone help me PLEASE?

Frank Kabel

Hi
have you tried using 'Tools - Protection - sheet'. Of course before
doing this unlock your cells with 'Format - Cells - Protection'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel