-   -   How can I reference a cell in datevalue? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/75635-how-can-i-reference-cell-datevalue.html)

Caleb

How can I reference a cell in datevalue?

When I try to reference a cell that has a date in date value the result
always comes up as #VALUE. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Biff

How can I reference a cell in datevalue?

Hi!

DATEVALUE converts a TEXT representation of a date into a numerical value
that is a true Excel date.

If you enter a true Excel date in a cell the true underlying value is
numeric. Since DATEVALUE requires a text string as an argument the numeric
value (true Excel date) results in an error.

Maybe you should post a better explanation of what you're trying to do.

Biff