-   -   Drop Down List Formatting II (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/75507-drop-down-list-formatting-ii.html)

Ian3103

Drop Down List Formatting II

I couldn't find the answer to this one on Contextures.com.

2 of the 5 drop down lists on my spreadsheet default to the bottom of the
list. The others default to the top. All the source lists are in the the
same format and named in the same way.

How can I make all the cells default-select the top item within the drop
down list?
--
Ian

Biff

Drop Down List Formatting II

Hi!

Are there any empty cells in any of the sources?

When the drop arrow is clicked and there is already a selection in the cell,
the drop list will automatcally "scroll" to that selection.

Biff

"Ian3103" wrote in message
I couldn't find the answer to this one on Contextures.com.

2 of the 5 drop down lists on my spreadsheet default to the bottom of the
list. The others default to the top. All the source lists are in the the
same format and named in the same way.

How can I make all the cells default-select the top item within the drop
down list?
--
Ian

Ian3103

Drop Down List Formatting II

Spot on Biff! It was driving me mad. Many thanks.
--
Ian

"Ian3103" wrote in message
I couldn't find the answer to this one on Contextures.com.

2 of the 5 drop down lists on my spreadsheet default to the bottom of the
list. The others default to the top. All the source lists are in the the
same format and named in the same way.

How can I make all the cells default-select the top item within the drop
down list?
--
Ian

Biff

Drop Down List Formatting II

You're welcome.

Biff

"Ian3103" wrote in message
I couldn't find the answer to this one on Contextures.com.

2 of the 5 drop down lists on my spreadsheet default to the bottom of
the
list. The others default to the top. All the source lists are in the
the
same format and named in the same way.

How can I make all the cells default-select the top item within the
drop
down list?
--
Ian

Anita

Drop Down List Formatting II

I feel pretty dumb, but I don't understand about having empty cells. For
instance when I set up the source list it is a blank list with the heading
"employees" in 'b4' and these names are added at a later date. I have blank
cells from 'b5' to 'b124'. How do i set up the range to default to the top
and if names are added it will pick all names with default to top? Thank you
for the help.