-   -   pickup cell value according another cell value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7549-pickup-cell-value-according-another-cell-value.html)

Maileen

pickup cell value according another cell value

Hi,

I have a column (for example A) in which sometime it is written "Total".
In another column (for example D) but on the same row than "Total", I have
the value of this Total.

What i would like to do is :

to scann all A column and everytime that i found "Total", I would like to
get the value stored into colum D..

after collecting all values of totals, i will add them to 1 cell (to another
sheet).
for example,

A5 = Total, D5 = 25100
A41=Total, D41=15455

how can i do that automaticaly without doing macro ?

thanks a lot,
Maileen.

Bob Phillips

=SUMIF(Sheet1!A1:A100,"Total",Sheet1!D1:D100)

--

HTH

RP

"Maileen" wrote in message

I have a column (for example A) in which sometime it is written "Total".
In another column (for example D) but on the same row than "Total", I have
the value of this Total.

What i would like to do is :

to scann all A column and everytime that i found "Total", I would like to
get the value stored into colum D..

after collecting all values of totals, i will add them to 1 cell (to

another
sheet).
for example,

A5 = Total, D5 = 25100
A41=Total, D41=15455

how can i do that automaticaly without doing macro ?

thanks a lot,
Maileen.

Maileen

thanks a lot,