Jim Gentile

Default Adding muliple cells.

How do I write a formula that will add all the sales for an individual,
return the name in one cell and the total sales in another and list them by
highest dollar sold descending?

Example of what I will enter into Excel:

Jim $100.00
Jim $126.78
Jim $153.56
Rose $180.34
Rose $207.12
Rose $233.90
Rose $260.68
Rose $287.46
Bill $314.24
Bill $341.02
Bill $367.80
Bill $394.58
Bob $421.36
Bob $448.14
Bob $474.92
Bob $501.70
Bob $528.48
Bob $555.26

This is what I would like the results to look like:

Bob $2,929.86
Bill $1,417.64
Rose $1,169.50
Jim $380.34

Thanks for your help.

Peo Sjoblom

Create the unique name list by selecting the names column plus a header,
then do datafilteradvanced filter, copy to another location, unique
records only
that will give you the name list, now in the adjacent cell to the first name
(assume the
extracted names start in H2) use

=SUMIF($A$2:$A$100,H2,$B$2:$B$100)

copy down along the names list, note the mix of absolute and relative