-   -   exporting to CSV (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7505-exporting-csv.html)

Marc

exporting to CSV

I need to export an excel spreadsheet to CSV but I need every field to have
quotes around it because some of the fields have a comma as part of their
value, is their anyway to do this.

JE McGimpsey

XL's default csv format will put quotes around data that includes quotes.

If you still want every field to have quotes, take a look at

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textf...#csvwithquotes

In article ,
"Marc" wrote:

I need to export an excel spreadsheet to CSV but I need every field to have
quotes around it because some of the fields have a comma as part of their
value, is their anyway to do this.

P Daulton

from xl2k help:
"The CSV (Comma delimited) file format saves only the text and values as
they are displayed in cells of the active worksheet. All rows and all
characters in each cell are saved. Columns of data are separated by commas,
and each row of data ends in a carriage return. If a cell contains a comma,
the cell contents are enclosed in double quotation marks."

if ALL the data items require quote marks then i think vba will need to be
used (write#).

Pascal