-   -   count in cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7498-count-cell.html)

Joe

count in cell

Does anybody know how I can count the number of characters in a cell, I know

how to use the 'count' and 'counta' function to count the number of cells

used but not in a cell.

Thanks

Frank Kabel

Hi
=LEN(A1)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Joe wrote:
Does anybody know how I can count the number of characters in a cell,
I know

how to use the 'count' and 'counta' function to count the number of
cells

used but not in a cell.

Thanks

Dave Peterson

And if you want to count the number of times "X" or "x" shows up in a cell:

=len(a1)-len(substitute(upper(a1),"X",""))