-   -   Need to convert text string to seperate cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/7490-need-convert-text-string-seperate-cells.html)

Debbie Nuding

Need to convert text string to seperate cells

I have a spreadsheet that contains text data that I need to
seperate into individual cells.

Is there a way to do this? Here is a sample of the data:

001. Dressage (Pre Training)

I need to seperate the number from text and put them in
their own columns.

Thanks,
Debbie

Don Guillett

try
=LEFT(G1,FIND(".",G1)-1)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Debbie Nuding" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that contains text data that I need to
seperate into individual cells.

Is there a way to do this? Here is a sample of the data:

001. Dressage (Pre Training)

I need to seperate the number from text and put them in
their own columns.

Thanks,
Debbie

Gord Dibben

Debbie

If data is consistent as in your example, you could use DataText to Columns
with the period as delimiter.

So........DataText to ColumnsDelimitedNextOther(.)NextColumn1 formatted
as Text to preserve the 001 as textFinish

Would return 001 in A1 and Dressage (Pre Training) in B1

Gord Dibben Excel MVP